A basic timer to indicate to a speaker how long they have been speaking through the use of color. The intervals are displayed at the lower left corner of the screen and are adjustable.
Once the timer is started, the background of the page will change through 5 colors:
- Gray is the starting color and means the speaker has plenty of time.
- Green indicates that the speaker has passed the first time checkpoint and is free to continue speaking.
- Yellow indicates that the speaker has passed the second checkpoint and should start wrapping up.
- Red indicates that the speaker has passed the second checkpoint and should stop as soon as possible.
- Black indicates that the speaker has overrun their time and is disqualified from voting.
- SPACE : Start and stop timer. Continues from the last stop.
- ENTER : Start and stop timer. Resets timer to zero when starting.
- r : Reset the timer to zero.
- c : Show / hide the control pane.
- + and - : Add or remove 15 seconds to the notification times.
- [ and ] : Add or remove 15 seconds to the interval between the different indications.
- 1 : Quick reference 1/1.5/2m timer.
- 2 : Quick reference 2/2:30/3m timer.
- 3 : Quick reference 3/4/5m timer.
- 4 : Quick reference 4/5/6m timer.
- ? : Show/hide this help information.
The code is available at https://github.com/nbohling/toast-timer
Press ? to hide this help panel.